Please refer to the list below for activities in the Matakana Coast area. Email email@example.com to be added to this list or to receive your copy via email.
Within the School Curriculum
- Choir / Performing Arts - Students from Years 3-6 receive regular instruction from specialist music teacher Suzanne Hayday. Regular assemblies give children the opportunity to perform for an audience and the Choir also performs at the school gala and other events throughout the year.
- GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) - Teacher Lynne Williams provides selected students with appropriate extension programmes.
- Inter-school Sports - Matakana School has a very strong and proud record in sporting activities. These sports are namely: Athletics, Cross Country, Hockey, Netball, Rippa Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Touch Rugby/Tag, Soccer.
- Garden Club - this provides a rich experience with children helping to plant and maintain the School Garden.
After School hours (private instruction)
- Teams for "out of school" competitions are organised based around student ages, capability and experience. Sports teams eg netball, soccer, hockey, rugby, cricket, touch, swimming, martial arts, tennis, athletics, Teams are managed by local parents/coaches and are affiliated to locally established clubs. Training often takes place on the school premises and generally games are played on Saturday.
- After School Classes – a variety of after school options are available for children. These run according to availability of tutors. Drama, Piano, Singing, Dance – Jazz & Ballet, Guitar, Mud Club (pottery), Science Club, Active Learning, Superkidz (religious instruction during lunchtime), after school care.